Established in 2008, under the University of Vocational Technology Act Number 31 of 2008, the University of Vocational Technology has the same legal and academic status as any other national university in Sri Lanka. According to Section 6 and 7 of the Public Administration Circular No. 16/92, dated 13.03.92, issued by the Ministry of Public Administration, Provincial Councils & Home Affairs, the degrees awarded by University of Vocational technology are treated as equivalent to degrees awarded by any other University under the purview of the University Grants Commission, and the universities listed in Association of Commonwealth Universities, and / or in the International handbook of Universities.Vision
To be the leading University providing technical and vocational education for all with aspirations to achieve professional excellence.
The mission of the University of Vocational Technology is
- to provide services in human resources, curriculum,learning resources development, research and consultancy
- to achieve professional excellence with ethical rectitude and
- to liaise with global TVET sector, academic community and Industry
The general objective of the UNIVOTEC is to provide progressive upward movement to the students in the technical education and vocational training system, based on their aptitudes and abilities, to acquire university education.
The specific objectives of the UNIVOTEC are:
- to provide pedagogical training up to degree level for trainers serving in the technical and vocational education sector and industry
- to provide courses of study for middle level technical personnel, with qualifications acceptable for admission to UNIVOTEC, up to degree level, and
- to provide courses of study for those with National Vocational Qualifications to upgrade their competencies and acquire a degree level qualifications
- To provide extension courses on continuous professional development.
Faculties of the UNIVOTEC
- Faculty of Engineering Technology
- Faculty of Industrial Technology
- Faculty of Information Technology
- Faculty of Education
|Vidya Jothi, Emeritus Prof. Dayantha S. Wijeyesekera – Chancellor of the University
Tel 94-0112630700 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
| Senior professor Ranjith Premalal De Silva-Competent Authority of the University
Tel 94-0112630704 e-mail:email@example.com